1. All India Consumer Price Index Number for Industrial Workers(CPI-IW) on base 2001=100 for the month of March, 2009 remained stationery at 148 (one hundred and fortyeight).
2. During March, 2009, the index recorded maximum increase of 4 points each in Warrangal and Munger-Jamalpur centres, 3 points in Bhilwara centre, 2 points in 7 centres and 1 point in 25 centres. The index recorded a decrease of 2 points each in Chennai, Jalpaiguri and Earnakulam centres, 1 point in 6 centres, while in the remaining 34 centres the index remained stationary.
3. The maximum increase of 4 points in Warrangal centre is mainly due to increase in the price of Rice, Milk (Buffalo), Vegetable & Fruit items etc., in Monger-Jamalpur centre this increase is due to Goat Meat, Fish Fresh, Milk (Buffalo), Vegetable & Fruit items, Tea (Readymade), Washing Soap etc..The increase of 3 points in Bhilwara centre is due to Wheate, Onion, Vegetable & Fruit items, Sugar etc. The devrease of 2 points in Earnakulam centre is on account of decease in the prices of Rice, Coconut Oil, Fish Fresh, Bus Fare etc., in Jalpaiguri centre due to Wheate Atta, Masur Dal, Mustard Oil etc. and in Chennai centre it is due to Rice, Poultry (Chicken), Onion, Tamarind, Flowers/Flower Garlands etc.
4. The Indices in respect of the six main centres are as follows:
1. Ahmedabad 143 4. Delhi 141
2. Bangalore 160 5. Kolkata 147
3. Chennai 142 6. Mumbai 153
5. The point to point rate of inflation for the month of March, 2009 is 8.03 % as compared to 9.63% in February, 2009.